1 The "Skimmer" roams the Georges Bank 120 miles from it's home port of Montauk, New York.
2. Captain Bruce looking for swordfish fin.
3.The "Skimmer" keeps searching as tender boat hauls in dead swordfish.
4. Lookouts are perched from various vantage points.
5.Captain John Erickson, Bruce's father, who first harpooned swordfish at age 15, scans the horizon.
6. A swordfish fin is spotted.
7. Horned out Swordfish, Georges Bank, July 1975
8. Captain Bruce throwing harpoon at swordfish just below surface
9. Two swordfish tailed off on Tender boat.
10. Swordfish is tailed off on tender boat.
11.Hoisting an 800 pound swordfish on board.
12.800 pound swordfish almost on board.
13."Button-holed" swordfish is when "lily iron" dart passes completely through fishes body.
14. Two fish on board and Captain John sitting on pilot house.
15. Another swordfish hauled aboard.
Mako Shark attack on swordfish.
16.Early morning caught swordfish remain cool under canvas while fishing continues.
17. Crew member scans horizon as Captain John "dresses" a swordfish.
18.First sequence shot of dying swordfish as it changes color from dark brown/bronze to a platinum silver.
19.Color changed to platinum silver in about 10 minutes.
20. Three images together of swordfish changing colors.
21.John "dressing" swordfish which is properly preparing swordfish to be iced and ready for the market.
22. Sawing off the swordfish bill.
"Horned-out" swordfish with US Coast Guard "Eagle" in background.
23.Swordfish Fin changing color when dying.
24.Swordfish heads changing color
25. Close-up of swordfish head.
26.Harpoon wound etches harpooner on skin.
28.Head of Xiphas aboard Skimmer on Georges Bank
27.The Catcher in the Eye.
29.Two Swordfish heads 1975
30.Dawn on the Georges Bank
31.Sunset on the Georges Bank, North Atlantic 1975
33. Bruce at 33 years old aboard the Skimmer.
34.Bruce in his later years in Fort Myers, Florida.
35. Photographer Kevin J. McCann at 27 years old in 1975.
36. Photographer Kevin J. McCann in 2012